New City Roleplay Documentation
NCRP[NEW CITY ROLEPLAY] We are the gaming platform (SA-MP) which provide high Roleplay experience with latest update.
- Name: New City Roleplay
- Version: V6.03.1
- Powered by:Team Codroid
- Developers:RJRYT & BO$$
- Launched: 1 November, 2020
- Updated: 30 May, 2022
If you have any questions about our server, updates, announcement kindly visit our Website or join with in discord.
Introduction to SA-MP
Info: SA-MP is a free Massively Multiplayer Online game mod for the PC version and Android of Rockstar Games Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
What is SA-MP
San Andreas Multiplayer (SA:MP) is a modification for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which turns it into a multiplayer game. You can play over the internet (or LAN) with up to 999 other people (having up to 1,000 players online at once). You need the original Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas PC game to play San Andreas Multiplayer. In SA:MP you are able to do almost anything that you can do in single player GTA. SA:MP also features the ability to create your own scripted game modes. There are many game modes that feature a series of different and fun things to do. Many of which are not possible in single player.
Follow the Instructions to install SA-MP in your device (Android).
- Install the SA-MP Launcher from Play Store by clicking Here.
- Open the Launcher and Install it's client form the Launcher.
- Select the game file as your choice Full or lite and download the game data.
- Then reopen the Launcher and if it shows Installed Actual version your launcher is ready for play.
- Add our IP to favorites list and start playing. Server IP can take from our Website.
Please download the game data and files using WiFi.
New City Roleplay Website Docs
Kindly visit our website and subscribe to get notified.
So, you have arrived at a documentation of ncrpsamp.xyz! Perhaps you have been looking at the Board Index or a screen telling you that you need to register before you can access the website. Some website permit guests to read posts or even post messages, while other websites only allow registered members to see the posts. On some website, many of the most useful features will only become available to you when you become a registered member. Because website is such a flexible system, permissions will vary considerably between website.
The Home Page
Here are four key areas that are normally available to you on the opening page of the forum:
- Website header - At the top of the website's opening page you will find the website header, which contains items such as the website title, banner and logo. It also has a section with information about you, links to unread messages, as well as the date. There is usually a quick search box located here.
- Main menu - This menu is situated just below the website header and it contains links to the main sections of the website. On the main menu guests will usually find a link to register, as well as the option to log in. The menu may also have links to search, personal messages, the calendar, profile and the memberlist, depending on permissions.
- Board index - This appears on the main page of the website. Categories are used to make it easier to find the boards that interest you. For information on how to keep up to date with new topics and posts, please see How to view unread posts and replies. Once a board has been entered it is possible to post a new topic.
- Info center - In the default layout, the Info Center is located below the Board Index. Depending on how it has been configured by an administrator it contains interesting information and statistics about activity on the website.
When and How to Register
Website may choose to restrict access to the full website or selected areas, allowing only registered members to view the content. A guest should register when they wish to participate in forum discussions, visit a forum frequently, and access members-only areas and benefits. A guest is any person or web spider that is not logged into the website. Once a person registers they become a member, although they will still show up as a guest until they log in. Members may have access to profile and notification options that are unavailable to guests, although these options may vary, depending on the permissions which have been set by the website administrator. Members can also be placed in membergroups, made moderators or administrators, given special permissions and access to members-only areas. Being able to send personal messages, receive forum emails, and post new polls and topics are some additional benefits that may be available to members of the website. A guest may register at any time by simply selecting the register option from the main menu.
The Registration Screen
Website require a guest to accept a registration agreement before the registration process can begin. By checking the option I Agree, a guest consents to comply with the agreement throughout the duration of their membership. Website may also incorporate a minimum age into the agreement process.
Upon arrival at the registration screen, a guest is requested to enter a username and a valid email address. Failure to use a valid email address may hinder registration, depending on how a website is configured. The option to choose an authentication method is only shown if OpenID is allowed by the administrator as a registration option. If OpenID is not allowed, then a password must be entered. A form of visual verification may be present in order to confirm that a guest is actually a person and not a bot. This verification may be requested in two ways - CAPTCHA and custom questions. The CAPTCHA method displays an image containing a random collection of letters, which a guest must enter into a text field. The custom questions method displays one or more relatively simple questions, which a guest must answer correctly. A forum may be configured to use both methods at the same time. Once a guest completes the registration form, there are three possibilities for what is displayed next based on how the website is configured.
- Login - If registration is immediate, the new member will be automatically logged in after completing the registration form.
- Activation - If a message about email activation is displayed, the new account must first be activated before login. An email with instructions how to proceed is sent to the new member's email address.
- Approval - If a message about member approval is displayed, the new account must first be approved by an administrator before login. An email acknowledging the new member is sent to their email address. Another email may be sent later to inform them whether or not their application has been approved.
Activating a New Account
If a website is configured to require email activation before login, an email will be sent to the email address provided at registration. The username and activation link are displayed in this e-mail. Selecting the activation link activates the member's account and prompts them to login. If a problem occurs with the activation link, the email also provides an activation code that can be used to complete the process. Note that a link to reset the password may be included in this e-mail, depending on the activation method enabled on the website. If a member attempts to login before completing the activation process, an error will be displayed noting that their email address must be validated. A Need another activation email? link is also displayed in case the email has somehow been lost.
You must login after registration and after being logged out of a previous visit. You have the choice of the normal login screen, and the quick login options.
The Login Screen
This is the screen you see when you use the "Login" option of the main menu. It is also the first thing you will see in any 'members only' website.
- Username - The member's username.
- Password - The member's password.
- Minutes to stay logging in - The number of minutes the browser cookie will last before expiring.
- Always stay logging in - Prevents the browser cookie from expiring. When using a shared computer, a member probably should not stay logged in for a long time or check the "Always stay logged in" option, unless they remember to log out when finished. Leaving an account logged in on a shared computer makes it vulnerable to use by someone other than the member.
The quick login
Website is configured to allow login from any page. This is called Quick Login. In the default theme it is located in the top, left corner of each page. Other themes may place it in different locations. If Quick Login is disabled or cannot be seen, the login screen can still be accessed from the main menu. The session length drop-down menu corresponds to the "Minutes to stay logged in" option from the main login screen. Similarly, selecting "Forever" in this drop-down menu is the same as checking the "Always stay logged in option" on the main login screen.
If a password is forgotten or lost, it can be reset by selecting the Forgot your password? option from the login screen. The username or email address for the account is requested to begin the password reset process. If a member has not set a secret question, an email containing a password reset link is automatically sent to the member's email address. Clicking on the link allows the member to choose a new password. If a secret question has been set, they will be given the option of receiving the email or answering their question. Members may create or change their secret question in Profile > Modify Account > Account Settings After answering the secret question correctly, a member may choose a new password. The password takes effect and can be used to login immediately.
When you have finished browsing the forum, you may decide to logout by selecting the Logout option from the Main Menu.
The Board Index is the central part of the home page of the website. This is where you will find a listing of all the categories and boards that you are allowed access to. The exact appearance of the Board Index is affected by the options chosen by the administrator, as well as by the theme. When the default theme is used, the main features of the Board Index are as follows:
- Navigation Tree - This is located just above the Board Index and it consists of a series of links which help facilitate browsing through the different boards and child boards. On the Board Index this navigation tree consists only of the website name and links right back to the top of the Board Index.
- Mark all messages as read - This button is located just below the list of categories in the Board Index. It enables registered members to mark all posts in the entire forum as read. This also clears the list of posts in the Unread Posts section of the Forum Header.
- Category Name Background - This is the colour highlights panels which contain the category names.
- Collapsible Categories - If a category is collapsible, clicking the category name collapses (hides) or expands (shows) all the boards that belong to this category.
- Unread Posts - These links are found to the right of the category names and they take you to a list of all the posts from all the boards in the given category which you have not yet read.
- Boards - Within each category, you will see one or more boards listed.
- Board Name - the board name links to the Message Index (a list of topics) for that board.
- Board Description - this is found directly under the board name and it describes the content of the board. This section may also include links to child boards and/or specify the board's moderator(s).
- New Posts / No New Posts - these are usually found to the left of the board names and they show registered members whether there have been any new posts in the boards since they last read them. Some boards have child boards within them and in this case the "new posts in child board" icon shows that there are new posts, but only in a child board.
The calendar feature, if enabled by the administrator, is found in the Main menu of the forum. It can be used to record and display holidays, birthdays, and events. Birthdays entered in members' profiles are displayed on the calendar. Some or all members may have permission to post calendar events. Administrators can configure the calendar via the calendar settings section of the Administration Center.
Users with the appropriate permissions may see Link to Calendar at the bottom of each topic. This button enables users to create a new calendar event that is linked to the currently viewed topic.
If the calendar feature is enabled and users are given the required permission, events can be posted to the calendar by clicking on Post Event below the main calendar view.
A member's profile includes many key details about the member and can help them manage their own personal forum preferences. A member may also have the option to write their own signature, upload an avatar, and enter personal contact information. Usually, other members of the forum will be able to view your profile unless the admin disallows this permission. A member viewing their own profile will find a lot of differences when comparing their profile to that of other members, unless they are an admin or have been granted the required permissions. An administrator will see members' profiles in the same way as the member would see their own profile, with even more settings than those which the member would see themselves. This allows the admin to control all of the settings of any member. The profile is broken down into three categories of settings and options which are described below.
The Summary screen (in the section Profile Info) displays basic forum information about a member, as well as any additional information that they may wish to share. An SMF forum may be customized extensively by its administrator(s), so the information displayed may vary greatly between forums. A member may view their own profile summary at any time simply by selecting Profile from the main menu. A member may view another member's profile summary by selecting the member's name wherever it is displayed on the forum. The following is commonly displayed.
If a member has filled in their birth date, their age is displayed.
Note that when using the side menu certain items such as Show Stats and Show Posts will appear in this side menu rather than in the profile summary.
The profile stats screen may be viewed by selecting Show Stats from a member's profile info summary. Some interesting information may be found here:
All of the posts of a particular member, excluding those that have been removed, may be viewed by selecting Show Posts from the member's profile info summary. There are three formats that can be used: